DC Handrails & Ironwork Parts Ltd was founded in 1997 by current managing director Dave Collins and has grown to be recognised as the UK's leading supplier of wrought iron and handrail components. A family run business, our reputation for excellent service and extremely competitive price has earned us a unique respect within our industry.
Our customers know how hard we work to bring them the best range of products at the best price. They also know that we are there to support them in a demanding industry. This close association and unique understanding of our customers needs forges strong bonds and a great team work.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, yet supplying the whole of the UK, we hold massive stocks ready for next day delivery. This dedication to outstanding customer support led to a significant investment in a huge warehouse on Whickham Industrial Estate, close to the A1 and Gateshead MetroCentre.
We were the first company to make ordering wrought iron components really easy. We introduced a really easy to understand product coding system that is now copied by a few other smaller competitors. Also, we started with a simple catalogue that has expanded over the years still keeping with the easy to understand theme.
- 1997 - Founded business operating from a tiny storage unit on Cowen Road, Blaydon.
- 1998 - Quickly outgrew original premises and moved to a larger double unit in the same business centre.
- 2000 - Moved to yet another building on Cowen Road but still holding additional storage units for growing stock.
- 2006 - Moved to our current premises on Whickham Industrial estate which helped significant growth.
- 2007 - Dave's son, Scott joined the business full time and launched our e-commerce website, one of the first in the industry.
- 2011 - Issued our 17th catalogue. The biggest change to date with full colour and prices included making it even easier to buy from us.
- 2014 - Expanded our warehouse on Whickham Industrial Estate with a new unit.
- 2015 - Awarded one of the fastest 50 growing companies in the North East of England.
- 2016 - Continued growth, featured again in the North East's fastest 50 growing companies.
- 2021 - We continued to be featured in the North East's Fastest 50 growing companies with 7 consecutive years.